Oregon Youth Lacrosse Mission Statement
To ensure a unified and responsive organization that develops and promotes the sport of lacrosse by providing services to its members and programs to inspire participation, while preserving the integrity of the game.
- Act as the governing body for youth lacrosse in the State of Oregon.
- Provide educational programs and administrative support for coaches and youth players of all skill levels, in both developmental and competitive programs.
- Update and enforce rules of play, consistent with rules of play in the rest of the United States and consistent with US Lacrosse.
- Administer the game schedule during the spring season and/or other designated seasons.
- Recruit, retain, train, develop and schedule referees.
Member Club/Team Responsibilities:
- Each club/program who is a member of OYL will pay a fee to OYL based on the number of teams in their club/program. The fee will cover the administrative costs of the website, training and paying referees, and other share costs incurred during the season.
- OYL will hold its annual meeting each year. Each participating club/program agrees to have at least one representative attend this meeting.
- Meetings of the Board members of OYL shall be held each month. Special meetings may be called, as needed, with a minimum 3 days notice. Board meetings will be open to participating clubs/program to attend, but not vote, unless an executive session has been called. Executive Sessions will be limited to voting Board Members only.